I am a Data Consultant in the Health and Biological Sciences. My passion for data science started during my PhD at the University of British Columbia where I used R programming to analyze genomic data to drive my research in epigenetics. I have worked with a variety of data types ranging from clinical data extracted from millions of patient electronic health records to RNA sequencing of case/control studies. I thoroughly enjoy learning about and exploring new datasets to provide meaningful insights.
Doctor of Philosophy in Medical Genetics (2018)
- University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C.
Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Microbiology with 16-month Research Internship (2013)
- University of Victoria, Victoria, B.C.
- Programming lanugages: R, SQL, Bash, Cerner Command Language
- Tools: Markdown, LaTeX, Shiny, GitHub, MS Office Suite, Adobe Illustrator, PowerBI
- Data Types: Transcriptomes (RNA Seq, Microarray), Epigenetics, SNP Genotyping, Electronic Health Records (Cerner)